Friday 15 August 2014

EXPENDABLES 3: too much for the old rookies.



        Last night I was out with some friends to watch Expendables 3. I’ve seen the first and the second installment before, but I can’t even remember the name of the characters there. Yep, as a big hater of Jason Statham, I’m not an expendables fans.
                Being late, we didn’t have time to had dinner before the movies started. Well, I can’t stand myself when I’m hungry so I had dinner first all alone and skipped the first an hour of the movie. But this is the funny thing, I sat in when the movie nearly reached the second half but It didn’t take me a long time to understand what was going on. The plot was almost the same like the previous two but with some small twists. Everyone (especially the gangs) wore black clothes, they headed into something, fought for it, was attacked by so many deadly bombs but somehow survived, acrobatically did something heroic, killed people, looked so hard to save themselves, put some shorty humors within, some unpredictable characters showed up to save them predictably, at the end of the day they let the boss gang finished his personal bussines with the bos villain, and then ended the story dramatically.
I know this kind of muscles-and-badass-everywhere movies doesn’t demand a good storyline and good acting from the actors, we simply crave for an adrenaline rush through our blood while we watch the battle and the blood, but unfortunately I just didn’t felt like it. That maybe because I was an hour late, or maybe it was just simply boring. I kinda like the Expendables 2 tbh, but the third may be just too much for the old rookies (Oh man, this movie made me realized how old Stallone is and he seriously needs to be retired).
After all, Expendables 3 wasn’t all bad, you still still enjoy the movie because Mel Gibson played a role there, and Antonio Banderas was definitely the highlight of this installment. But still, it should have been more fun.
Expendables 3 is a 6 out of 10 stars. It is recommended for you who don’t do much in your holiday. Just to kill time.



Ps: I know my blog design is pretty shit I’m still too lazy to make a proper design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.